Chuck is a partner in the firm's Maryland office. His practice includes assisting national and state banks, savings associations, mortgage bankers, finance companies and licensed lenders in the development and maintenance of consumer mortgage, automobile finance and other credit programs; advising clients on various aspects of servicing and debt collection; and performing statistical fair lending analyses on client pricing data.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Chuck was with Cohen, Swanson & Kaufman, P.C. His practice areas included primarily complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation, commercial transactions, consumer collections, general creditors' rights and corporations law.
Chuck is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and the American Bar Association's Section of Business Law, Consumer Financial Services Committee.
Chuck received his law degree in 1999 from the University of Maryland School of Law and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree, with honors, in Economics and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish from Lafayette College in 1995.
Member, American Bar Association, Section of Business Law, Consumer Financial Services Committee
Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- "CFPB Rule Change Workshop - What Are Your Comments?", Solutions By Text Connect 2019, October 2019
- "Debt Collection Rules: FDCPA, CFPB Proposals, FiSCA Best Practices, and More," FiSCA MoneyTrends 2019, October 2019
- "Compliance & Risk Management Workshop," Solutions By Text Connect 2019, October 2019
- "State and Federal Update on debt Collection Regulation," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, April 2019
- "Demand Letters and Disclosure Requirements," RMA Webinar, January 2019
- "Evaluating Your Own Collections Compliance: Preparing for Examinations and Due Diligience," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, April 2018
- "Bankruptcy Court Grants Relief from Stay When Debtors Fail to Redeem Pledged Collateral in Title Pawn Transactions," Hudson Cook Insights, January 2020
- "Lien Filing Error Renders Creditor's Claim Unsecured," Hudson Cook Insights, September 2019
- "U.S. Supreme Court Holds that Attorneys Engaged in Non-Judicial Foreclosures are not Subject to Full FDCPA," Hudson Cook Insights, March 2019, co-authored with Anastasia Caton
- "Henson v. Santander: What's Next?," Hudson Cook Insights, July 2017
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., 1999
Certificate in Environmental Law, International Moot Court Board
Lafayette College, B.A. in Economics with Honors, B.A. in Spanish, 1995
George Wharton Pepper Prize, 1995