Katie is an associate in the firm's Portland, Maine office. She assists national and state financial institutions with day-to-day regulatory and compliance issues including, but not limited to, deposit, credit and non-deposit investment products and services, as well as electronic banking services. She prepares and negotiates all types of cash management product and service agreements, and advises clients on consumer and business online banking product and service agreements. She also advises financial institutions, consumer reporting agencies, background screeners, technology and information companies, service providers, and others on compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other privacy and data use and protections laws.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Katie was in private practice representing national banks and loan servicers in litigation and other matters related to residential and commercial foreclosure.
During law school Katie served as an intern for Magistrate Judge Robert B. Collings (U.S. District Court, Massachusetts), the Office of the United States Attorney (Boston, MA) and the U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division.
Katie received her law degree from Northeastern University School of Law in 2010 and holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Bates College.
Young Lawyer Liaison, Publications & Communications Sub-committee, Consumer Financial Services Committee, American Bar Association
- "Digital Services for Share Accounts," NAFCU Virtual Regulatory Compliance Seminar, October 2020
- "Compliance Roundtable: Dealer Fraud and the future of the GLBA," ADCO Webinar, September 2020
- "Tenant Screening in a Virtual World," Professional Background Screening Association Virtual Conference, September 2020
- "GLBA Safeguards - What's Ahead?" Hudson Cook Compliance Coffee Break, September 2020
- "Cybersecurity," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/Counselor Library, April 2018
- "Prepaid Cards - The Road to the Final Rule," American Bar Association, Consumer Financial Services Committee Meeting, January 2018
- "FTC Declutters COPPA FAQs," Hudson Cook Insights, August 2020
- "Deficiencies in Sanctions Screening Process Lead to Settlement," Hudson Cook Insights, August 2020
- "Mulvaney's Treatment of Small Dollar Lenders: Not So Simple," American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Consumer Financial Services Committee, 101 Series, September 2018
- "CFPB Updates Prepaid Accounts Rule," Hudson Cook Insights, February 2018
- "Exemption Thresholds for Consumer Credit and Consumer Leasing Increase for First Time Since 2015," Hudson Cook Insights, November 2017
- "CFPB Announces Annual Dollar Amount Adjustments," Hudson Cook Insights, September 2017
- "Using Academic Factors to Reach the Invisible Borrowers: Could it Run Afoul of ECOA?" Business Law Today, September 2015, co-authored with Latif Zaman
- "What Banks Should Know About the Eighth Circuit's Decision in Choice Escrow & Land Title LLC v. BankCorpSouth Bank," Business Law Today, October 2014, co-authored with Lori Desjardins
Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., May 2010
Bates College, B.A., Political Science, May 2005
New Hampshire, 2014