Trisha joined Hudson Cook, LLP as a Partner in 2015. In her practice, she advises clients, including finance companies, banks, dealers, and manufacturers on a wide variety of consumer and commercial auto finance and exam management matters, offering a unique perspective as a former in-house counsel.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Trisha was an Assistant General Counsel and Executive Director at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., participating in day-to-day business and legal issues and providing legal guidance on a wide array of matters within Chase Auto Finance. During Trisha's career with Chase, she handled matters in all facets of the auto finance business, including regulatory exam management on both federal and state levels, manufacturer partnerships, fair lending, originations, servicing, collections, defensive litigation, floor plan financing, marketing, e-commerce, software/vendor contract drafting/negotiation and lobbying. She was also the auto finance subject matter expert for Chase Auto Finance in connection with the auto securitization and like kind exchange programs. In addition, she assisted with the integration of the auto businesses resulting from the merger of Chase with Bank One.
Previously, Trisha was a Vice President and Associate General Counsel with the Legal Department of Bank of America's predecessor financial institutions, NationsBank, Barnett Bank, and Oxford Resources Corp., providing legal and compliance support to their consumer and commercial auto finance programs. She also assisted in the mergers of the auto finance businesses during each corporate acquisition.
Prior to Trisha's in-house experience, she was an associate with the law firm of Winston & Strawn in their New York office, practicing in the Corporate, Commercial Loan, and Project Finance and Bank Regulatory departments, with an emphasis on transactional work.
Trisha is a member of the American Bar Association and the New York State Bar. She received her law degree from the New York University School of Law in 1990 and in 1987 received her Bachelor of Science in Accounting (magna cum laude, Beta Gamma Sigma).
Member, American Bar Association
Member, New York State Bar
- "Impact of a Pandemic on Third-Party Relationship Management," Hudson Cook Webinar, April 2020
- "Fair Lending 101: An Overview of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act," NAFCU webinar, June 2019
- "Trends & Predictions for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau 2019 - 2020," Lawline Webinar, May 2019
- "Consumer Credit Compliance Certification - Module 4," NAF Association, March 2019
- "Practical Tips for Exam Preparation," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, April 2018
- "How To' On Dealer Advertising," NABD East Coast Conference for Buy Here Pay Here, November 2015
- "Fair Lending - Staying Out of the CFPB Crosshairs", NABD East Coast Conference for Buy Here Pay Here, November 2015
- "Getting Ready for CFPB Examinations," The Center for Auto Finance Excellence, August 2015
- "CFPB, FTC and DOJ Authority," NJIADA First Annual Compliance Conference, New Jersey Independent Auto Dealers Association, June 2015
- "CFPB Examination and Investigations Special Session," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, June 2015
- "Coping with Exams," Auto Finance Risk & Compliance Summit, Auto Finance News and Royal Media, May 2015
"Vendor Service Contracts - Not Just Arm's Length Transactions Anymore," Hudson Cook Insights, February 2020
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1990
New York University, Stern School of Business, B.S. in Accounting, magna cum laude, Beta Gamma Sigma, 1987
New York, 1991