Position Title: Paralegal
Date Posted: October 15, 2021
Location: Washington, D.C.
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Hudson Cook is seeking an experienced paralegal to manage complex and document-intensive litigation and government investigations involving consumer financial services law. This position requires a well-organized and independent paralegal to provide support to attorneys in the Washington, DC office.
- Manage case files including discovery documents, pleadings and correspondence files
- Create and maintain litigation calendar
- Assist in the preparation and filing of court documents including cite-checking, Bluebooking, and insertion of table of authorities and table of contents into legal briefs
- Create production logs and privilege logs
- Organize and maintain document databases
- Prepare attorneys for depositions
- Summarize and organize deposition transcripts
- Interpret and operationalize local, court and judge rules with respect to deadlines, case docketing and court filings
- 2+ years of paralegal experience in a litigation or investigations context
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and eDiscovery platforms
- Working knowledge of the courts and court filing systems, including NexGen and PACER/ECF
- Ability to perform electronic research using Westlaw and Lexis
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to perform high-level editing of written work product
We offer competitive salaries and a rich array of benefits, to include:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Firm-Paid Group Insurance (Life and AD&D; Short and Long-Term Disability; Long-Term Care)
- 401(k) with firm-paid 3% match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hudson Cook, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you have the required qualifications, please submit your resume via online application in the Firm’s Career Portal. General inquiries may be directed to Amy Ryan, Human Resources Director, by fax at (410) 684-2001 or by email at .