Position Title: Senior Accounting Associate
Posted Date: April 30, 2021
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Schedule: Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Hudson Cook, LLP is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Accounting professional to join our accounting team. This position is based in the Firm's Hanover, Maryland office.
- Reclass and reconcile general ledger accounts, adjust discrepancies and prepare journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Update and maintain vendor database.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end and annual closing processes.
- Process Accounts Payable vouchers and expense reports.
- Process monthly billing in accordance with the Firm's objectives.
- Prepare financial reports for Accounting Manager and members of the management committee.
- Assist with billing, accounts receivable and other projects, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
The selected candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and 3 - 5 years of experience in general accounting in a professional services organization (e.g., Law, Accounting, Architectural or Engineering Firm). Must have thorough knowledge of general accounting procedures, general ledger systems, accounts payable, relevant accounting software, data entry proficiency and excellent time management.
Skills & Aptitudes
- Intermediate Excel experience required. Completion of Excel assessment is required for consideration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet required deadlines.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. This position has a high level of visibility and interaction with both firm employees and outside vendors.
- Strong commitment to client service. Must be a positive and collaborative team player with the desire to assist the accounting team, attorneys and members of the staff.
- Budget analysis and fixed asset management desired.
- Ledes, MAS90, TimeSlips or Legal Billing Software experience a plus.
- Accounts Receivable experience a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Primarily sedentary work in an office setting, sitting for extended periods of time at a desk or workstation. Moving about to accomplish tasks within the office, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Communicating with others to exchange information. Repeating movement that may include wrists, hands and fingers while handling paperwork, operating office equipment and entering data on a computer keyboard.
What we Offer
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- Firm-Paid Group Insurance (Life and AD&D; Short and Long-Term Disability; Long-Term Care)
- 401(k) with firm-paid 3% match
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Leave
- Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hudson Cook, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under Maryland law.
Candidates with the required qualifications and experience should forward a resume and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department at .
Please Note: We are not considering applicants through outside recruiters at this time.