Position Title: Accounting Associate
Posted Date: March 1, 2020
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Classification: Non-Exempt | Status: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Hudson Cook, LLP is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Accounting Associate to join our accounting team. This position is based in the Firm’s Hanover, Maryland office.
- Reclass and reconcile general ledger accounts, adjust discrepancies and prepare journal entries.
- Perform bank reconciliations.
- Update and maintain vendor database.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Assist in month end and annual closing processes.
- Process Accounts Payable vouchers and expense reports.
- Process monthly billing in accordance with the Firm’s objectives.
- Prepare financial reports for Accounting Manager and members of the management committee.
- Assist with billing, accounts receivable and other projects, as needed.
Qualifications & Experience
The selected candidate will have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in relevant accounting functions and systems, preferably in a professional services organization (e.g. Law Firm, Accounting Firm, Engineering Firm, etc.). Accounts payable experience and knowledge of general accounting procedures required.
Skills & Aptitudes
- Intermediate Excel experience required. Completion of Excel assessment is required for consideration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects and meet required deadlines.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. This position has a high level of visibility and interaction with both firm employees and outside vendors.
- Strong commitment to client service. Must be a positive and collaborative team player with the desire to assist the accounting team, attorneys and members of the staff.
- Budget analysis and fixed asset management desired.
- Ledes, MAS90, TimeSlips or Legal Billing Software experience a plus.
- Accounts Receivable experience a plus.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Primarily sedentary role in an office setting with extended periods of sitting, walking to/from office equipment and supply rooms, occasional lifting (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequent near vision use for reading and computer use. Repetitive movement of wrists, hands and fingers while handling paperwork and entering data on a computer keyboard.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary
- A range of benefits to include group insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off and year-end bonus potential
Candidates with the required qualifications and experience should forward a resume and salary requirements to the Human Resources Department by fax at (410) 684-2001 or by email at .
About Hudson Cook
Established in 1997, Hudson Cook, LLP is a law firm that focuses its practice on consumer financial services law, both state and federal, from its 13 offices across the country. Our experienced, resourceful lawyers offer legal services to local, national and international clients, providing practical and innovative solutions to their legal issues.
Hudson Cook prides itself on its collegial atmosphere. We strive to hire and retain personnel who will maintain our high standards upon joining our team and become a member of the Hudson Cook family.