Professional and Support Staff
Position Title: Legal Administrative Assistant
Date Posted: February 15, 2019
Location: Ooltewah, Tennessee (1)
Classification: Non-Exempt | Status: Part-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 2:00 pm (or comparable 20-25 hour/week schedule)
Hudson Cook, LLP is looking for a skilled administrative professional to support several attorneys in our Ooltewah, Tennessee office on a part-time basis.
- Draft, convert, proofread, format and/or edit documents in multiple formats, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Documents are for attorney and client use and include contracts, engagement letters, audit letters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Monitor phones (direct line, attorneys and main line), faxes and front door reception.
- Make detailed travel arrangements to include booking flights, rental cars and hotel reservations and creating travel itineraries.
- Obtain receipts and prepare business travel and client entertainment expenses.
- Prepare engagement letters for approval and send to clients and accounting department.
- Create new client/matter request forms and perform conflict checks.
- Maintain client contacts, manage attorney calendars and monitor and respond to attorney emails, as directed.
- Coordinate client meetings at designated locations.
- Compile legal and other data for review and comparison by attorneys (i.e. CounselorLibrary information specified by the requesting attorney).
- Create and track various projects charts for clients and attorneys.
- Gather billing information in Coyote to present information to clients and attorneys.
- Sort incoming mail and maintain appropriate attorney files.
- Provide team support and backup assistance to other attorneys in the firm, as needed.
- Interact with attorneys, clients and other staff on administrative matters by listening, conveying details and exchanging accurate information through clear communication.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as copiers and printers.
Qualifications & Experience:
Successful candidates will have 1-3 years of professional administrative experience supporting multiple people. Ideal candidates will have experience working within a fast paced environment or have legal experience.
Candidates should be technically savvy and have the ability to efficiently organize and prioritize multiple projects under varied time constraints. Selected candidate must have good command of syntax, grammar and punctuation, strong interpersonal skills and exercise a high degree of discretion and independent judgement. Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. Proficiency in Adobe PowerPoint.
About Hudson Cook:
Established in 1997, Hudson Cook, LLP is a law firm that focuses its practice on consumer financial services law, both state and federal, from its 13 offices across the country. Our experienced, resourceful lawyers offer legal services to local, national and international clients, providing practical and innovative solutions to their legal issues.
Hudson Cook prides itself on its collegial atmosphere. We strive to hire and retain personnel who will maintain our high standards upon joining our team and become a member of the Hudson Cook family.
What we Offer:
- Competitive base salary and bonus plan
- A range of benefits to include group health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability, long-term care, a 401(k) retirement plan and paid time off.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. If you are interested in this position and have the required qualifications, please forward a cover letter with your resume to the Human Resources Department by email at or by fax at (410) 684-2001.
Hudson Cook, LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.