Professional and Support Staff
Position Title: Legal Administrative Assistant (Litigation)
Date Posted: August 15, 2019
Location: Washington, D.C.
Classification: Non-Exempt | Status: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday | 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Hudson Cook, LLP is seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant for our Washington D.C. office. This position provides comprehensive administrative support to a group of partners and associates.
- Proofread, format and convert documents for attorney and client use, to include contracts, engagement letters, audit letters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Prepare discovery documents and requests for production, schedule depositions and assist with trial preparation and document management.
- Assist attorneys with preparation of pleadings and correspondence.
- Maintain litigation calendars.
- Create and track various projects charts for clients and attorneys.
- Maintain attorney calendars and schedule appointments, calls and conferences.
- Prepare travel arrangements and expense reimbursements.
- Provide support to other attorneys and Legal Administrative Assistants, as required.
- Occasional movement about the office to access files, office equipment, printers, etc.
- Consistent operation of a computer and other office equipment, such as copiers and printers.
- Interaction with attorneys, clients and other staff by conveying details and exchanging accurate information through clear communication.
- Repetitive movement of wrists, hands and fingers while handling paperwork, filing and entering data on a computer keyboard.
Qualifications & Experience
- Successful candidate will have 2-4 years' legal administrative experience supporting a litigation practice.
- Litigation experience, particularly with respect to document management, productions and docket management. Familiarity with formatting legal pleadings.
- Familiarity with litigation support software a plus.
- Critical time management and organizational skills to prioritize projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Experience working on multiple litigation matters and supporting multiple attorneys, simultaneously.
- Good command of syntax, grammar and punctuation.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Independent judgement with the ability to exercise a high degree of discretion.
- Technically savvy with intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook skills. Proficiency in Adobe and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary and discretionary bonus plan; and
- Comprehensive benefits package to include group health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, long-term disability, long-term care, 401(k) retirement plan and generous paid vacation and sick leave.
For immediate consideration, qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at .