Caleb is an associate in the Maryland office of Hudson Cook. Caleb advises merchant cash advance companies, traditional factoring companies, commercial lenders and investors in those companies on how to establish or revamp programs and products. This work frequently includes:
- Drafting of merchant cash advance contracts, applications and other documents;
- Reviewing merchant cash advance and factoring documents, advertisements and websites for recharacterization, UDAP and other compliance risks;
- Providing usury and licensing analysis for commercial lenders; and
- Evaluating merchant cash advance servicing and collection practices for compliance and recharacterization risks.
Caleb also advises federal- and state-chartered depository institutions, savings associations, finance companies, mortgage bankers and licensed lenders in developing consumer mortgage, automobile finance and other credit programs.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Caleb worked for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit as a staff attorney, where he provided recommendations and proposed opinions to judges on a wide array of civil and criminal cases.
Caleb graduated with honors from the George Washington University Law School. He is a member of the American Bar Association, Business Law Section and is admitted to practice in the District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey and New York.
Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- "Litigation under the Paycheck Protection Program," Hudson Cook Webinar, May 2020
- "Small Business Finance Considerations during the COVID-19 Crisis," Hudson Cook Webinar, April 2020
- "Beer & Basics: Consumer Credit Law & Small Business Financing," ABA Business Law Section Consumer Financial Services Committee Annual Meeting 2019, September 2019
- "Merchant Cash Advance and Small Business Lending Session: Regulatory Developments and Updates," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, April 2019
- "Merchant Cash Advance and Small Business Lending Session: Federal and State Regulatory Update," Consumer Financial Services Conference, Hudson Cook/CounselorLibrary, April 2018
- "COVID-19 - Expanding Opportunities for SBA Lending," Hudson Cook Insights, April 2020, co-authored with Katherine C. Fisher and Catherine M. Brennan
- "COVID-19 and MCA Transactions: Emergency Circumstances Demand Servicing Changes," Hudson Cook Insights, March 2020, co-authored with Katherine C. Fisher and Catherine M. Brennan
- "Small Business Loans to Offer Relief from COVID-19 Economic Crisis," Hudson Cook Insights, March 2020, co-authored with Katherine C. Fisher
- "Proposed Appraisal Requirements Would Exempt More Transactions," Hudson Cook Insights, January 2019
- "The Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act: Back to the Future," Hudson Cook Insights, August 2018, co-authored with Christopher Capurso
- "Fed Releases Study on Online Lending to Small Businesses," Hudson Cook Insights, July 2018
George Washington University School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2014
Articles Editor, Journal of Energy and Environmental Law. Participated in the George Washington University Domestic Violence Clinic through the Domestic Violence Legal Empowerment and Appeals Project.
George Washington University, B.A., with high honors and departmental honors in History, 2010
District of Columbia, 2017
New Jersey, 2015
New York, 2017