Elizabeth is a partner in the firm's Connecticut office and has been representing consumer financial services providers for over 30 years. She assists financial services providers with federal and Connecticut regulatory compliance and consumer protection matters, including those that affect deposit-taking, lending, leasing, loan production offices, and branching. Elizabeth's representative clients include regional and national bank holding companies, banks, and nonbank lenders, which Elizabeth counsels with regard to licensing requirements, development of new loan, deposit, and other programs, documentation, marketing, litigation, and other matters.
Elizabeth is a Fellow of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers and a member of the Conference on Consumer Finance Law. She is a past chair (1997-2001) of the Truth in Lending Subcommittee of the American Bar Association's Consumer Financial Services Committee. She is an editorial consultant and regular contributor to the Banking Law Journal (LexisNexis A.S. Pratt), and chairs the Advisory Committee to the Connecticut Lawyer (a publication of the Connecticut Bar Association). Elizabeth is a past director of the Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association (1999-2000), and a past director and vice president of the Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut (1992-1997).
Elizabeth was the 1999-2000 Treasurer of the Connecticut Bar Association. She is a past chair of the Consumer Law Section of the Connecticut Bar Association (1984-1987), a member of the executive committees of the Consumer Law and Financial Institutions Sections of the Connecticut Bar Association, and a past chair (1993-1997) of the Connecticut Bar Association's Committee on Publications. In addition, she is a member of the Connecticut Law Revision Commission Banking Advisory Committee and the Connecticut Judicial Branch's Judicial Information Policy Committee.
Elizabeth is admitted to practice in the State of Connecticut and the United States District Court of the District of Connecticut.
Elizabeth is a co-author (together with Edward Weiss and Thomas Welsh) of Connecticut Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code - Forms and Practice Manual (Data Trace Publishing Company © 2002, 2005, 2008 and 2011). Her recent speaking engagements include:
- Speaker (December 2017, July 2010 and July 2006), "Fair Lending Developments and Trends: An Update for Mortgage Lenders, Bankers, and Attorneys" (Lorman Education Services teleconference)
- Speaker (November 2017) at Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut seminar on recent Connecticut and federal changes to regulatory compliance requirements
- Panelist (March 2015) at PV America conference (Boston, MA) on "Treating Consumers Right: Issues and Best Practices in Selling Solar Ownership to Retail Customers"
- Speaker (November 2008 and March and April 2007) at Lorman Education Services seminars on commercial and real estate loan documentation in Connecticut
- Speaker (August 2005), "Avoiding Enforceability Issues in Consumer Contracts" (American Bar Association, Business Law Section continuing legal education teleconference), based on Yen, "Rent A Car, Rent A Spy," Business Law Today (American Bar Association), vol. 14, no. 6 (July/August 2005)
- Speaker (August 2003) at Lorman Education Services seminar on "Current Lending Compliance Issues: An Update for Lending Officers, Loan Brokers, Bankers and Attorneys in Connecticut"
- Panelist (May 2002) at Servicing Management Forum 2002 (mortgage servicing regulatory compliance issues)
- Speaker (July 2001) at Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut seminar on commercial loan compliance issues
- Panelist (April 2001), Federal Trade Commission and Department of Commerce Public Workshop on ESIGN (Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act)
- Speaker (March 2000) at Truth in Lending seminar sponsored by The Conference on Consumer Finance Law, in conjunction with CARLAW® and HouseLaw®
- Speaker (May and June 1999) at seminar co-sponsored by the Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut and Connecticut Mortgage Bankers Association, and at America's Community Bankers® Advanced Loan Servicing continuing education program, on the Homeowners Protection Act of 1998 (private mortgage insurance cancellation)
- Program chair (August 1996), American Bar Association annual meeting program on current Truth in Lending developments
- Speaker (1996 and 1997), Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut seminars on RESPA compliance issues
- Speaker (1995 and 1996), Bank Compliance Association of Connecticut quarterly membership meetings on recent Truth in Lending and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act developments, trends in Truth in Lending litigation
- Principal speaker (May and October 1992), Connecticut Bankers Association, Truth in Savings seminars
Elizabeth is a 1976 cum laude graduate of Yale University, majoring in French and German literature, and a 1980 cum laude graduate of the University of Michigan Law School.