Lisa joined Hudson Cook in 2004, and is a partner in the firm's Maryland Office. She advises financial institutions, lenders, and other businesses on compliance with various Federal and state consumer protection laws.
Lisa has counseled clients on issues arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, with a focus on issues of importance to data furnishers. She has assisted furnishers in assessing risks related to credit reporting, developing and updating furnishing and dispute policies and procedures, as well as preparing for regulatory examinations.
Lisa also has experience working with mortgage servicers, assisting with issues arising under Federal and state law mortgage servicing laws, including compliance with the CFPB's Mortgage Servicing Rules and Chapter 13 bankruptcy rules. Between 2011 and 2013, she served as one of the lead attorneys providing advice in connection with five Independent Foreclosure Review engagements. As part of the IFR, Lisa advised Independent Consultants on matters related to state law on foreclosures, loss mitigation, fees, bankruptcy, and the Servicemember's Civil Relief Act, and worked with Federal regulators and financial institutions regarding testing, legal issues, and findings.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Lisa was an associate at Shulman, Rogers, Gandal, Pordy & Ecker, P.C., in Rockville, Maryland. She worked in the commercial litigation department on contract, partnership, corporate, and employment disputes.
After graduating from law school, Lisa served as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Hon. Ann S. Harrington in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
Member, American Bar Association, Section on Business Law
Member, Maryland State Bar Association
- "Conducting Dispute Root Cause Analysis Using Insights by e-OSCAR®," Consumer Data Industry Association, Webinar, May 2020
- "Credit Reporting in the Wake of Covid-19," ACA International Daily Huddle, April 2020
- "The CARES Act: Modifications to Data Furnishers' FCRA Obligations," CDIA Webinar, April 2020
- "Fair Credit Reporting Act - Regulatory Developments," National Council of Higher Education Resources (NCHER), Legal Meeting, March 2020
- "Fair Credit Reporting Act Dealing with 605B Blocks," Compliance Coffee Break, Hudson Cook, Webinar, February 2020
- "Understanding the Complexities and Challenges of Bankruptcy Reporting," Consumer Data Industry Association, Webinar November 2019
- "Investigating Customer Disputes," Keynote, Simplicity e-OSCAR® User's Conference, 2019, October 2019
- "A Tale of Two Bs - Bankruptcy and Blocks," CDIA Law & Industry Conference, June 2019
- "Credit Reporting Issues Faced by Auto Finance Companies," Consumer Financial Services Conference, CounselorLibrary, April 2019
- "Investigating Credit Disputes: The What, Where, Why & How," Consumer Data Industry Association, Webinar, January 2019
- "Fair Credit Reporting: Current Compliance Challenges and Issues to Consider," ABA Consumer Financial Services Committee Meeting, April 2015
- "What's Happening on the Front Lines of Mortgage Servicing," ABA Consumer Financial Services Committee Meeting, Moderator Mortgage Servicing Panel, July 2009
- "Important Lessons for Credit Reporting Alternative Payments Arrangements," Hudson Cook Insights, July 2018
- "CFPB Seeking Comments on Financial Products and Services to Servicemembers" Basis Points®, Issue 28, October 2011
- "Single Point of Contact for Borrowers - Now Required Under MHA" Basis Points®, Issue 24, June 2011
- "Deficient Foreclosure and Servicing Practices - Federal Agencies Enforcement Actions and State AGs Settlement Terms Proposal" Basis Points®, Issue 23, May 2011
- "Credit Score Disclosures in Adverse Action and Risk-Based Pricing Notices - Be Ready for the Change by July 21!" Basis Points®, Issue 22 and Spot Delivery, Vol. 13, Issue 9, April 2011, co-authored with Anne P. Fortney
- "The Equal Credit Opportunity Act - Changes Under Dodd-Frank" Basis Points®, Issue 18, November 2010
- "Federal Banking Agencies Issue Final Rule for SAFE Act Registration of Mortgage Loan Originators" Basis Points®, Issue 17, October 2010, co-authored with Robert A. Cook
- "New FCRA Adverse Action and Risk-Based Pricing Requirements Under Dodd-Frank Act" Basis Points®, Issue 16 and Spot Delivery, Vol. 13, Issue 3, September 2010, co-authored with Anne P. Fortney
- "Mortgage Servicing Reform" Basis Points®, Issue 15, August 2010, co-authored with Dana F. Clarke
- "The SAFE Act - Where are We Now?" Basis Points®, Issue 14, July 2010
- "Fair Servicing - DOJ Focuses on Potential Discrimination in Loss Mitigation" Basis Points®, Issue 13, June 2010, co-authored with Jean Noonan
- "FHA-HAMP: Additional Incentives for Success under Supplemental Directive 10-03" Basis Points®, Issue 12, May 2010
- "Using Consumer Reports to Evaluate Loan Originator Applicants: What Employers Need to Know" Basis Points®, Issue 10, March 2010
- "Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives: The Next Phase of Making Home Affordable" Basis Points®, Issue 9, January/February 2010
- "Accuracy, Integrity and Direct Dispute Standards - The Long-Awaited Rule for Furnishers of Consumer Report Information" Basis Points®, Issue 5, September 2009
- "If the Government Comes to Call, Make Sure You Answer the Door Politely!" Spot Delivery, Vol. 10, Issue 11, June 2008
- Chapter on the Equal Credit Opportunity Act - "CARLAW® F&I Legal Desk Book: The Answer Book for Finance and Insurance Professionals," First Edition through Sixth Edition, 2006 to 2014, co-author
- "Court Nixes $143,000 Dealer Prep Fee" Spot Delivery, Vol. 8, Issue 6, December 2005, co-authored with Thomas B. Hudson
- "Federal Laws Applicable to Consumer Data Security Breaches," 59 Consumer Fin. L. Q. 229 (Fall 2005), co-authored with Anne P. Fortney
University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., May 2000
Loyola College, B.A. in Sociology, summa cum laude, May 1993
District of Columbia, 2004