Ooltewah, TN 37363
Ron is a partner in the firm's Tennessee office. He focuses his practice primarily on consumer financial services and regulatory compliance, as well as taxation law involving tax-exempt organizations. He is a frequent guest speaker and workshop presenter to national industry groups. Ron is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for Financial Services Regulation Law, and is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Ron also regularly advises loan companies, financial institutions and banks regarding open-end and closed-end credit, prepaid cards, electronic payments (ACH transactions) under NACHA - The Electronic Payments Association, federal consumer protection and privacy law and regulations, including the Federal Arbitration Act, Federal Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (Regulation E), Truth-in-Lending Act (Regulation M and Z), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (Regulation P), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (Regulation V), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act and Servicemembers Civil Relief Act; Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and the Dodd-Frank Act.
Ron co-authored the BNA Tax Management Portfolio's "Estates, Gifts and Trusts, Tax Issues of Educational Organizations" and "When Is a Cheque not a Cheque?" which were published in the Journal of Payments Strategy & Systems.
Ron is a member of the Chattanooga and Tennessee Bar Associations, the State Bar of Georgia, American Bar Association, and the Christian Legal Society. He currently serves on the Salvation Army Advisory Board in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Ron received his law degree with cum laude honors from Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law in 1988 and holds a bachelor's degree from Bob Jones University.
Chattanooga Bar Association
Tennessee Bar Association
State Bar of Georgia
American Bar Association
Christian Legal Society
Salvation Army Advisory Board, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- "Serving Customers in the Midst of the Pandemic," Tennessee Dealer News, Spring 2020, co-authored with Erica A.N. Kramer
- "New Policy on Prohibition of Abusive Acts or Practices - What do you need to know?," Tennessee Dealer News, Winter 2020, co-authored with Erica A.N. Kramer
- "Are you repossessing responsibly?," Tennessee Dealer News, Nov/Dec 2019, co-authored with Dailey Wilson
- "Don't Forget About the Military Lending Act," Tennessee Dealer News, Sept/Oct 2019, co-authored with Erica Kramer
- "Is Your Website ADA Accessible"" Hudson Cook Insights, August 2019, co-authored with Erica Kramer
- "Lawfully Serving Servicemembers," Tennessee Dealer News, July/August 2019, co-authored with Erica Kramer
- "Does Your Credit Application Need a Tune-Up?" Tennessee Dealer News, May/June 2019, co-authored with Dailey Wilson
- "Compliance: Setting Up a Preventative Maintenance Compliance Budget," Tennessee Dealer News, Jan/Feb 2019, co-authored with Dailey Wilson
- "Estates, Gifts and Trusts, Tax Issues of Educational Organizations," BNA Tax Management Portfolio
- "When Is a Cheque not a Cheque?" Journal of Payments Strategy & Systems
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1988
Bob Jones University, B.A., 1982